History of WCS
In 2010 Archbishop Jerome Listecki approved the formation of a new Catholic Elementary School, WAUWATOSA CATHOLIC SCHOOL, sponsored by St. Pius X Parish and St. Bernard Parish. The new school opened as Wauwatosa Catholic School in August 2011 for the 2011-2012 school year.
Wauwatosa Catholic School is located at the St. Bernard Parish campus (1500 Wauwatosa Avenue, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin) and uses some of the facilities at St. Pius X Parish for family activities, such as skate nights, religious education and athletics.
The formation of the new school was preceded by years of preliminary study by each parish and six months of immediate planning, called "Project Embrace," where parents and parish leaders came together to chart the future. The strong curriculum is imbedded with Catholic values and practices and enhanced with new learning opportunities in the arts, math and sciences for Grades K3-8.
Wauwatosa Catholic School is fully accredited by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and the Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Accreditation (WRISA).
Wauwatosa Catholic School shares a common philosophy - a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high quality programs of international education that share a powerful vision.
Two Parishes Supporting One School
Wauwatosa Catholic School is affiliated with two Catholic parishes in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. St. Bernard Parish served by Very Rev Phillip Bogacki and St. Pius X Parish served by Salvatorian, Father Paul Portland.
Wauwatosa Catholic School is located on the grounds of St. Bernard Parish. Wauwatosa Catholic School is honored to serve both parishes and is blessed to be supported by the parishioners of St. Bernard and St. Pius X. We invite you to click on the parish names below to be redirected to their websites.
St. Bernard of Clairvaux Parish
7474 Harwood Ave., Wauwatosa, WI 53213 414-258-4320
St. Pius X Parish - Served by the Society of the Divine Savior Salvatorians
2506 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa, WI 53213 414-453-3875