Home and School Association
What is the Home and School Association (HSA)?
The Wauwatosa Catholic Home and School Association (H&SA or HSA) is comprised of parent volunteers, teachers and staff who work together to enrich the educational experience and build a sense of community at Wauwatosa Catholic School. The HSA connects families (HOME) to Wauwatosa Catholic School (SCHOOL) by providing a platform for parents to participate in and have a voice about their children's educational experience. Everyone (children also) is welcome to attend our bi-monthly meetings. Please check the school calendar for meeting dates, times and location.
Like a parent-teacher organization (PTA/PTO) at public schools, the HSA plans and organizes special activity days for students (ie High Interest Day), family nights (ie Family Reading Night and Family Fun Night), social events, assemblies, programs, guest speakers, provides classroom support, supplies to teachers and staff and much, much more. Most of the programs sponsored by the HSA are funded via passive fundraising (ie Box Tops for Education, Amazon Smile, Schoola, Shoparoo, and more). We strongly encourage all families, relatives, grandparents, teachers and staff, parish members, babysitters, and neighbors to support these easy and fun programs.
For the latest, be sure to check out the HSA bulletin board outside of the school office, read the weekly newsletters and check out the school website. If you have any questions please email the HSA Chair or any other member of the HSA.
What Events Does the H&SA Organize?
The H&SA organizes several events throughout the school year and examples of past events include:
- Family Reading Night (evening event for families - usually held in November)
- Spaghetti Dinner (evening event for families, friends and parish community - usually held in February)
- High Interest Day (school-day event for children - held in May)
- Teacher Appreciation Week (week long event to honor teachers and staff - usually held in May)
- Restaurant Fundraisers (monthly events for families, teachers, friends and parish community)
- VIP (Very Important Person) Day
- Teacher/Staff Sunshine Fund: provides birthday cards, holiday cards and snacks, meal during conferences, welcome back meal/snacks in August during in-service, and much more!
- Gift Giving Tree (opportunity for families and parish members to purchase Christmas presents for classrooms/teacher wish lists - December)
- After School Enrichment