home and school association
What is the Home and School Association?
The Wauwatosa Catholic Home and School Association (H&SA or HSA) is comprised of parent volunteers, teachers and staff who work together to enrich the educational experience and build a sense of community at Wauwatosa Catholic School (WCS). The H&SA connects families (home) to WCS (school) by providing a platform for parents to participate in and have a voice about their children's educational experience. Everyone (children welcome) is welcome to attend meetings. The H&SA usually meets from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm once a month throughout the school year, but always check the school calendar for dates, times and locations.
Like a parent-teacher organization (PTA/PTO) at public schools, the H&SA plans and organizes special activity days for students (ie High Interest Day), family nights (ie Family Reading Night and Family Fun Event), social events (ie Spaghetti Dinner), assemblies, programs, guest speakers, provides classroom support, supplies to teachers and staff and much, much more. Most of the programs sponsored by the H&SA are funded via passive fundraising (ie Box Tops for Education, Amazon Smile, Schoola, Shoparoo, and more). We strongly encourage all families, relatives, grandparents, teachers and staff, parish members, babysitters, and neighbors to support these easy and fun programs.
For the latest, be sure to check out the H&SA bulletin board outside of the school office, read the weekly News You Can Use and check out the school website.Thank you for supporting WCS!
How can parents get involved?
All parents/guardians are welcome and encouraged to become involved in and support the H&SA. All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend as their schedules allow. There are no dues to pay. All parents are automatic members of the H&SA. We welcome ideas, questions and suggestions. We look forward to seeing you soon!
What Events Does the H&SA Organize?
The H&SA organizes and/or sponosrs several events throughout the school year, including, but not limited to:
- Back to School Picnic (held in August before school starts)
- Family Reading Night (evening event for families - usually held in November)
- Spaghetti Dinner (evening event for families, friends and parish community - usually held in February)
- High Interest Day (school-day event for children - held in May)
- Family Fun Night (held in spring)
- VIP Day
- Teacher Appreciation Week (week long event to honor teachers and staff - usually held in may)
- Restaurant Fundraisers (monthly events for families, teachers, friends and parish community) proceeds benefit the IB Fund.
- School Team for the Soles for Catholic Education Walk (community event in October)
- BoxTops for Education or other passive fundraisers
2018-2019 Executive Committee
Christina Ramsey, Chair
Agendas & Minutes
Please login to the Parent Portal to view minutes and agends.