home and school association
What is the Home and School Association (HSA)?
The Wauwatosa Catholic Home and School Association (H&SA or HSA) is comprised of parent volunteers, teachers and staff who work together to enrich the educational experience and build a sense of community at Wauwatosa Catholic School (WCS). The HSA connects families (home) to WCS (school) by providing a platform for parents to participate in and have a voice about their children's educational experience. Everyone (children welcome also) is welcome to attend our monthly meetings. The HSA usually meets on the second Wednesday of the month from August - June from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm, but always check the school calendar.
Like a parent-teacher organization (PTA/PTO) at public schools, the HSA plans and organizes special activity days for students (ie High Interest Day), family nights (ie Family Movie Night, Family Reading Night and Family Earth Day Event), social events (ie parent/child events and Spaghetti Dinner), assemblies, programs, guest speakers, provides classroom support, supplies to teachers and staff and much, much more. To learn more about how we operate you can read our bylaws. Most of the programs sponsored by the HSA are funded via passive fundraising (ie Box Tops for Education, Amazon Smile, Schoola, Shoparoo, and more). We strongly encourage all families, relatives, grandparents, teachers and staff, parish members, babysitters, and neighbors to support these easy and fun programs.
For the latest, be sure to check out the HSA bulletin board outside of the school office, read the weekly News You Can Use and check out the school website. If you have any questions please email the HSA Chair, Mrs. Nichole Donabar or any other member of the HSA.
How can parents get involved?
All parents/guardians are welcome and encouraged to become involved in and support the HSA. The HSA is the voice of parents. Meetings are held from 6:30pm to 8:00pm on the second Wednesday of every month during the school year. All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend to make sure that their voice is heard. There are no dues to pay. All parents are automatic members of the HSA. We welcome ideas, questions and suggestions. We look forward to seeing you soon!
What Events Does the HSA Organize?
The HSA organizes several events throughout the school year, including:
- Family Movie Night (evening event for families)
- Family Reading Night (evening event for families - usually held in November)
- Family Earth Day Event (evening events for families - usually held in April or early May)
- Spaghetti Dinner (evening event for families, friends and parish community - usually held in February)
- High Interest Day (school-day event for children - held in May)
- Mother/Son Event
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Teacher Appreciation Week (week long event to honor teachers and staff - usually held in may)
- Restaurant Fundraisers (monthly events for families, teachers, friends and parish community) Proceeds benefit the IB Fund.
- School Team for the Soles for Catholic Education Walk (community event in October)
- Classroom Contests for BoxTops for Education or other passive fundraisers
2016-2017 Executive Committee
Nichole Donabar, Chair
Matt Herman, Co-Chair
Toni Fink, Secretary
Becky Larson, Treasurer
Agendas & Minutes
Please login to the Parent Portal to view minutes and agends.